Subject: Software - Archive of Free Investment-Related Programs
Last-Revised: 20 Aug 1996
Contributed-By: Chris Lott (contact me)
This article lists two archives of investment-related programs. Most of these programs are distributed in source-code form, but some include binaries. Anyhow, if all that is available is source, then before you can run them on your PC at home you will need a C compiler to create executable versions.
Ed Savage maintains an archive of programs which are available here: ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/archives/misc.invest/programs
The compiler of this FAQ maintains an archive of programs (both source code and PC binaries) for a number of investment-related programs. The programs include:
- 401-calc: compute value of a 401(k) plan over time
- commis: compute commisions for trades at selected discount brokers
- fv: compute future value
- irr: compute rate of return of a portfolio
- loan: calculate loan amortization schedule
- prepay: analyze prepayments of a mortgage loan
- pv: calculate present value
- returns: analyze total return of a mutual fund
- roi: compute return on investment for mutual funds
These programs are available from The Investment FAQ web site at URL http://invest-faq.com/sw.html.
Previous article is Retirement Plans: Traditional IRA
Next article is Software: Portfolio Tracking and Technical Analysi..
Category is Software|
Index of all articles